Empire on Lenin

Alan Bradley abradley1 at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 11 05:03:06 MST 2001

> From: Carrol Cox
> I disagree with Greg's description of the present: I believe capital
> _still_ does not exist "internationally" in Greg's sense. The so-called
> "transnatinals" could not/would not exist except from a national base.

Did anyone actually bother to read the articles about Bougainville I posted
from Green Left Weekly?

Bougainville Copper Limited was a subsidiary of Conzinc Riotinto Australia.
CRA, in turn, was a subsidiary of Rio Tinto Zinc, but ended up buying it
out!

Then, there is BHP Billiton.

Hey Greg!  Are these corporations "international", or are they just a bunch
of the same old pack of Australian and British bastards?

Alan Bradley
abradley1 at bigpond.com