I'm not really new here ...

Jaquer0 jaquer0 at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 14 16:19:38 MST 2001

I got a message from Louis welcoming me to the list, which is nice, but
convinced me I was being too clever by half, as the brits say.

I thought long time careful readers of this list would recognize the
amazing coincidence of views between this scribe's Russian post and a
certain miscreant who has been sending in assorted rants and raves from
Atlanta for a couple of years. And, of course, it's not a coincidence, it
is an  identity of views, as I'm his alter-ego.

So why the identity change? In my other life, my "work" life, I'm now
writing a bunch of stuff online under that other name. To avoid any
possible confusion between what I write as a private individual, and what
goes out under the byline of one of the writers for a well-known
journalistic organization, I decided to adopt a pen name here. I don't
think political conditions here require that there be no links between one
persona and the other, so I'm writing this to alert my friends, although
the way things are going, that, too, may come to pass (I think Nestor has a
better grip of the evolution of the situation in the US than many of us
inside the country). Mostly I just don't want people to put into a search
engine Joe X Blow and come up with simultaneous, contemporaneous hits for
what I'm writing under two very different sets of ground rules.

Now, all I've got to figure out is how to put the list in the address
field, as I'm also trying to switch email programs, and everyone will know.

Jaquero (José)

PS: As to why the .es mail domain, I would have thought the answer would be
obvious: there aren't, for some strange reason, @yahoo.cu addresses
available. So .es will have to do.