Forwarded from Anthony (bin-Laden tape)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 16 15:56:33 MST 2001

Since the tape of Osama Bin Laden speaking about 9/11 was first
broadcast, I have been listening with fascination to the reactions of
people here in Bogotá. Not a single person who has voiced an opinion
to me, from factory workers and cleaning ladies, to corporate
executives - from leftists to supporters of the paramilitaries -
believes the tape to be authentic.

Although I think the tape might be authentic - the near unanamous
popular consensus here is that it is not.

The most interesting comment came from a child, who said, "Osama Bin
Ladin teaches people". When I asked, "what?", the child answered,

"That you can fight a super power."

All the best, Anthony

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org