fascist hobbits...

Mark Lause lause at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 21 08:18:21 MST 2001

I guess we can try to fathom the question of original intent if we think that
matters more than the social impact.  Ancient epics and modern tales in
imitation of ancient epics all have to do with quests, individuals in the
quests, their allies, antagonists who are such because they are ignorant of
the quest, and antagonists who just evil.  So, wouldn't they all be shoehorned
into this "us"/"other" implication/subliminal advocacy of...whateverism?

In that case, we lose any real sense of meaning and proportion faster than a
postmodernist on their third cup of expresso.

Solidarity!
Mark Lause