Secessionists in Brazil (was Re: Different kinds of worms.)

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Tue Dec 25 11:48:15 MST 2001

En relación a Re: Different kinds of worms.,
el 25 Dec 01, a las 13:12, Carlos Eduardo Rebello dijo:

> Of course, the fact that Brazil is enormous renders such a project of
> passive absorbtion into the imperialist order to seem clearly inviable. But
> still, there are Brazilian gusanos,

I have never given too much credit to the semi-fascistic formations which
preach for a secession of Southern Brazil.

But.

In 1932, the Sao Paulo bourgeoisie led a secessionist movement with subdued
backing from the US. In 1964, the American Embassy is said to have had a plan
to split Brazil if the coup did not succeed.

It is my impression that the long years of military dictatorship have left, at
least, the good outcome of a unified Brazil. But I might be wrong.

Could Carlos expand on this theme, which would turn out to bring to life less
"enormous" states and more gusanos?

Anyway, all the above is highly hypothetical and I don't believe too much in
the possibility. But one never knows...

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar

Compañeros del exercito de los Andes.

...La guerra se la tenemos de hacer del modo que podamos:
sino tenemos dinero, carne y un pedazo de tabaco no nos
tiene de faltar: cuando se acaben los vestuarios, nos
vestiremos con la bayetilla que nos trabajen nuestras mugeres,
y sino andaremos en pelota como nuestros paisanos los indios:
seamos libres, y lo demás no importa nada...

Jose de San Martín, 27 de julio de 1819.