Christmas 2001 by Arthur Miller

George Snedeker snedeker at concentric.net
Wed Dec 26 15:13:05 MST 2001

Christmas 2001 by Arthur Miller

posted by Reverend Chuck0 on Monday December 24 2001 @ 12:56PM PST

CHRISTMAS 2001

The day of giving this year I seem to have more questions than
answers. I am not a Christian, for I cannot see your Messiah Jesus
through the layers of deceit and decadence that his followers place
before his image.

I cannot understand his well-off followers who hoard such great wealth
in shameful gluttony, all the while millions of children have but one
wish upon Christmas day, a real meal.

I don't understand why great mansions are built for a few followers of
Christ, while millions are without any homes at all.

I don't understand Christians at war. Two-thousand years of blood
soaked lands in the name of the Prince of Peace. Christians are so
intoxicated by bloodshed that they compete with each other to build
greater weapons of mass murder, even weapons that can kill every last
human upon this earth. On 9-11 people of one religion murdered over
3,000 innocent people and the Christians responded by murdering over
3,000 innocent people with their bombs, all this in the name of God.
Is the point of human religion the slaughter of the innocents?

I don't understand how these folks can give praise to their God and
then turn around and foul and destroy their God's creation, the earth.

I realize that these Christians believe that their faith is superior
to all others. This they show by committing genocide against those
they view as having lesser faiths. The country of the USA, which some
like to call a Christian country, was created by the blood of
genocide. How many American Christians stop to think, upon the day of
their Messiah's birthday, that they very land they live on was gained
to them by acts of mass murder?

No I am not a Christian, nor a Muslim, Jew, Hindu or Buddhist, for all
the large organized religions have shamed themselves and their Gods
with blood lust and greed.

I'll spend my Christmas day with children who have yet to decide which
of life's paths they shall walk. For it is with in them that I find
any meaning in this day.

Arthur J. Miller

Below is an old Wobbly [Industrial Workers of the World] song that
expresses a lot of what I am feeling but can't put into such fine
words.

CHRISTIANS AT WAR

Words by John F. Kendrick

Tune: Onward Christian Soldiers

First published in the IWW

Songbook in 1913

Onward Christian soldiers! Duty's way is plain;

Slay your Christian neighbors, or by them be slain.

Pulpiteers are spouting effervescent swill,

God above is calling you to rob and rape and kill.

All your acts are sanctified by the lamb on high;

If you love the Holy Ghost, go murder, pray and die.

Onward Christian soldiers! Rip and tear and smite!

Let the gentle Jesus bless your dynamite.

Splinter skulls with shrapnel, fertilize the sod;

Folks who do not speak your tongue deserve the curse of God.

Smash the doors of every homes, pretty maidens seize;

Use your might and sacred right to treat them as you please.

Onward Christian soldiers! Blighting all you meet;

Trample human freedom under pious feet.

Praise the Lord whose dollar sign dupes his favored race!

Make the foreign trash respect your bullion brand of grace.

Trust in mock salvation, serve as tyrants' tools;

History will say of you: "That pack of god damned fools!"

[Moderator's Note: The author is an anarchist, Wobbly, editor of the
"Bayou La Rose" newspaper and a shipyard worker.]

-------

To subscribe to The Florida Left List, send a message to
moderator at revolution.gq.nu

Read messages you may have missed at

http://www.egroups.com/group/floridaleft/