resistance against commodification?

George Snedeker snedeker at concentric.net
Wed Dec 26 20:11:31 MST 2001

snip
> We know now that everything is corrupted, commodified by capital,
> even our BODIES!!  Bodies are perhaps the most commodities thing out
> there

it is difficult to imagine a resistance against such commodification. it is
easy enough to see why people would struggle for higher wages or against IMF
policy, but why and how would they reject commodification. the simple answer
is that Marx wrote three volumes on this, but did he? it was Lukacs who
tight the whole thing up neatly. but Lukacs could only see the Party as
solution. individual workers could never see totality. and yes, the whole
thing is corrupt and commodified. even the gendered body.