Forwarded from Anthony (query for J. Drysdale)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 28 21:47:38 MST 2001

A question for Jim Drysdale.

Jim wrote ( Subject: Re: Gender, Race and Class -
Belated reply  Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 01:36:03 -0000,

JD:  As Victor knows, commodified labour power is the essential,
value embodying use value of capital.

Either I don't understand what Jim means, don't agree with it, and
maybe don't understand the concept.

As far as I know capital has no specific use value. And, as far as I
know the expression "commodified labor power" means "exchange value",
not use value.

Could you, Jim, please take a few minutes to explain what you mean
more fully. And direct me to the proprer chapter and verse of Marx if
I missed something.

All the best, Anthony

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org