Req quote: Soldiers as workers in uniform

Jørn Andersen jorn.andersen at vip.cybercity.dk
Sat Dec 29 09:55:24 MST 2001

Hi,

A friend of mine wants to know the origin of the saying that "soldiers are
workers in uniform".
Could any of you help?

My own guess is that it will be hard to attribute this quote to anyone
particular as the "original" author, but that it was more or less a common
understanding in much of the international working class movement before
World War I. - But that's only a guess, so if anyone could correct me, I
would be happy to know.

Cheers,
Jorn

--