political humor

Azwell Banda azwell at SPAMecsecc.org
Fri Feb 2 01:28:25 MST 2001

This is a good one!!

----------
From:    George Snedeker[SMTP:snedeker at concentric.net]

>i have often felt that there is too little political humor on this
list.This
>is an imaginary situation, but it might be fun to decide what you
>would do.

>The situation: You are in the Midwest, and there is a huge flood in
>progress.  Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and
>infrastructures destroyed.

>Let's say that you're a photographer out getting still photos for a
>news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.
>You come across George W. Bush, who has been swept away by the
>floodwaters.  He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go
>under. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a
>Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

>So, here's the question and think carefully before you answer:

>Which lens would you use?

It would be important first to explain, very slowly and patiently (seeing
as Bush is reputed to have a fantastic IQ) that I understand and appreciate
the urgency of the situation. However, seeing as his immediate situation is
of no positive economic and security consequence to Africa, the situation
would have to wait until we in Africa invented enough time and a special
lens for this sort of short.

Azwell.