[Fwd: [SARA Alert - Social Sciences] Asian Ethnicity New Issue Alert]

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Fri Feb 2 10:37:12 MST 2001

Dear Colleague

Volume 2, Number 1 (dated March 2001)  of:

Asian Ethnicity a journal from Carfax Publishing, part of the Taylor & Francis Group

is now available online via the Catchword service, and contains the following articles:

 Contributors 5 - 6

 Editor's Introduction 7 - 8
Colin Mackerras

 'Making the Oil Fragrant' : Dealings with the Supernatural among the Uyghurs in
Xinjiang 9 - 23
I. Bellér-Hann

 On Being Muonged 25 - 34
K. W. Taylor

 Changing Scenarios of Tamilian Culture: Some Thoughts on the Cultural Dimensions of
the Ethnic War in Sri Lanka 35 - 54
V. Nithi Nithiyanandam

 Ethnic Classification and Culture: The Case of the Tujia in Hubei, China 55 - 72
Melissa J. Brown

 Ethnicity as Policy Expedience: Clan Confucianism in Ethnic Tujia-Miao Yongshun 73 -
88
Chih-Yu Shih

 Beyond the Museum Complex: Minority Culture and History at the Mountain Patterns
Exhibition 89 - 96
Ralph A. Litzinger

 Celebrating Mountain Patterns 96 - 100
Stevan Harrell

 Collecting Mountain Patterns 100 - 104
Ma Erzi

 Conceptualising Mountain Patterns 104 - 113
Bamo Qubumo

 Out of Asia: Hmong Lives in Diaspora 113 - 117
Louisa Schein

 Book Reviews 119 - 133

 Readers' Opinions 133 - 135
Ishtiaq Ahmed

Subscribers can view this issue at:
  http://www.catchword.com/ini=saramail/rpsv/catchword/carfax/14631369/v2n1/contp1.htm

Non-subscribers can download individual articles from the same location, but a
document delivery fee will apply.

This journal is available in RealPage or Adobe Acrobat formats.
You can download the latest version of the RealPage browser free from:
http://www.catchword.com/download.htm

You can read more about this journal at:
  http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/undefined.html

If you would like to register for further titles, or unsubscribe from this SARA
alerting list, please visit the Scholarly Articles Research Alerting section of the
Taylor and Francis Home Page at:
  http://www.tandf.co.uk/sara

Thank you for your interest in Asian Ethnicity from Carfax Publishing, part of the
Taylor & Francis Group.

Information on all Carfax Publishing, part of the Taylor & Francis Group journals can
now be found at: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
FEEDBACK
If you have any comments or questions on the SARA service, please send an
email to: sara at tandf.co.uk

ONWARD DISSEMINATION OF CONTENTS PAGES
It is Taylor & Francis policy not to allow moderators of lists to forward
our contents pages to subscribers to their lists. We have this policy to
avoid unwanted email being received by subscribers because not all news
group users will be interested in the contents pages of any one of our
journals. We positively invite all Moderators to mention the service to
their members and to encourage them to sign up personally on our Home Page
at: http://www.tandf.co.uk/sara

Taylor & Francis would like the opportunity to announce our service to your news group
members. If this is possible please email: SharronL at tandf.co.uk

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored
in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the
prior written permission of the publisher, Taylor & Francis Ltd, PO Box 25,
Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3UE, UK.