On "CONTACT" - this Thursday-Residential Schools: Moving Beyond

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:43:58 MST 2001

I urge all in Canada to call in; before calling in, if you haven't read it,
I urge all to go to Treaty7.org and read Roland Chrisjohn's "The Circle
Game" to be well prepared. From the line-up indicated, this should be
another whitewash or perhaps "Applewash".

Jim Craven

James Craven
Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
Vancouver, WA. 98663
(360) 992-2283; Fax: (360) 992-2863
blkfoot5 at earthlink.net
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~blkfoot5
Opinion*
"I am aware that many object to the severity of my language;
but is there not cause for severity? I will be as harsh as truth,
and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not
wish to think, or speak, or write with moderation. No! No!
Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm;
tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the
ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from
the fire into which it has fallen; but urge me not to use
moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest--I
will not equivocate--I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single
inch--and I will be heard."
(William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist, on Slavery, 1831)