The Death of Everything and Nothing? was Re: Nietzche and Christianity

soil_ride soilride at SPAMemail.msn.com
Sun Feb 11 17:24:22 MST 2001

Everything is dead, and finally nothing is dying as well. Not a direct
quote, but something that comes to mind when reading that "God is dead" from
Nietzsche

Although Nietszche proclaimed "God is dead." while already having no belief
in God, we are then to assume that his proclamation wasn't directly at an
existing God(that may or may not exist) but towards the spirtual morality of
the Christians(that did exist with their conceptions of God).

Already from this atheist stance, other "philosophers', such as jean
baudrillard and Francois lyotard have taken quite similar paths, taking
atheism's denial of God towards denial of reality and the denial of
"progressive history" and all that is contained within it. An athiesm of
God, reality and of history.

I wil certainly agree with nietszche's, Marx's, and baudrillards interesting
analysis of reality, history, God.  Everything does seem to become consumed,
exhausted, dehydrated to a point.  For baudrillard, there is no end to this.
I must reject that.  Although perhaps Baudrillard's analysis may hold true
to an aspect, I can not deny his ideas and truths, but it will only make me
weaker if i succumb to his conclusions.  I will take on this "pessimism"
just as we will confront the capitalist system.

However, despite what Nietszche, Baudrillard, Debord have to say about God
and reality, nothing really ever becomes dead.  It lies dormat, sleeps and
hybernates, until it is resurrected again for another world to embrace and
exhaust it again.

in solidarity
Josh