marxism-digest V1 #3198

Ian Willmore ianw at SPAMfoe.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 06:48:15 MST 2001

I am a subscriber to your list. I am interested in finding out more
about an early marxist called August von Willich. He was a Prussian,
born in 1810, and a captain in the Prussian army who resigned from the
army in 1846 and took part in the 1848 revolution. He then went to the
US where he was a notably effective Union officer in the Civil War. He
subsequently studied under Marx in Berlin and then returned to Ohio
where he died in 1878.

Anyone know of a good book or available article (in English) on this
man?

--
Ian Willmore
Media Co-ordinator

Mobile: 07887 641344
Work: 0207 566 1657
Home: 0208 885 3779

George W Bush: "a man whose lips are where words go to die"
Republican Party speech-writer Doug Gamble

None of the personal opinions expressed in this e-mail are to be taken
as even vaguely
representative of the policy of Friends of the Earth, particularly in so
far as they concern
politicians with whom we may want to do deals in future.