The Relevance of the Western Left

Tue Feb 13 15:36:48 MST 2001

Lou:

> wrote for the Marxism list originally, some of Pugliese's garbage, Sid
> Shniad's generally quite useful crosspostings from the daily press, and
> things that were of no interest to anybody not living in Toronto or going
> to York University.

Sid lives here in Vancouver, and has been a solid contingent in the Rebuilding The
Left organising so far. It doesn't surprise me at all that he would have a good
cross-posting involvement there. Leo Panitch was here a week and a half ago- very
clear and accessible language that sparked much discussion.

Maybe I should check out this list...but anytime I see the name "Pugliese" a small
chill goes up my spine. Even though he long since left any list I am on, every so
often he still spams me with weird crap about Kim Jong Il's alcoholism or
Milosevic-stolen/hidden treasures in Atlantis. Some people just don't have enough to
do.

Macdonald