AAG conference/memorial session for Jim Blaut

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Feb 14 11:36:54 MST 2001

>From the left-geographer mailing list:
A memorial for Jim Blaut will be held at the AAG meeting on Thursday, March
1st at 5pm. Our plans are to have David Stea read his eulogy to Jim, David
Harvey to speak about Jim's work, Kent Mathewson to talk about Jim's
cultural geography, and to have passages read from Jim's writings, or brief
comments made, by: Dick Peet, Cindi Katz, Neil Smith, Eric Sheppard, and
Deborah Santana. We will then open up to comments from the floor, and
finish with a minute of silence in tribute to Jim.

[I plan to attend this meeting, which will be at the Hilton hotel in NYC,
1335 Avenue of the Americas (53rd to 54th Street). For those who remember
Jim fondly, I urge you to attend as well.]

Louis Proyect