Forwarded from Tom O'Lincoln (Ned Kelly)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu Feb 15 16:04:03 MST 2001

Hi Lou

I'm impressed that you take an interest in such a (for most of the world)
esoteric matter (though Mick Jagger did of course make a movie about it).
You or others might be interested in a very good factual study of Ned Kelly:

McQuilton, John, The Kelly Outbreak, 1878-1880: The Geographical Dimension
of Social Banditry, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1979. I've put a
short summary of it on line. Go to:

http://www.anu.edu.au/polsci/marx/interventions/

look down the blue "contents" sidebar and click on "bushrangers".

regards
Tom

Louis Proyect