napster

Thu Feb 15 17:02:11 MST 2001

> Forgive me everyone who's not really interested in the dull inner workings
> of the music biz, but i have to address Adam's question about cutting artist
> rosters due to decining profits in recent years.

The may (like almost every capitalist industry in the last few years) have
experienced a falling *rate* of profit. That, as is basic Marxism, is a _tendency of
the system_ and not the fault of Napster any more than its the fault of Courtney Love
for exposing the system of patronage and exploitation that the problem exists. That
is NOT the same as falling profit. Indeed, their profit margins continue to grow.

Macdonald