DIPLOMATS ADMIT NATO BACKS KLA INVASION OF INNER SERBIA [

Borba100 at SPAMaol.com Borba100 at SPAMaol.com
Thu Feb 22 02:15:13 MST 2001

The URL for his article is http://emperors-clothes.com/docs/admi.htm
For a printer-friendly version of this article, please click here.

www.tenc.net
[Emperor's Clothes]

DIPLOMATS ADMIT NATO BACKS KLA INVASION OF INNER SERBIA [2-14-2001]

[In a July 27, 2000 article, we mocked NATO's claims (1) that it was trying
to stop KLA attacks on inner Serbia. In 'Pentagon Dogs' (2) our writer
charged that NATO is administering this KLA assault. Now according to the
BBC, NATO diplomats admit NATO is supporting the terrorist invasion but claim
that this is the result of "decisions taken before the change of government
[i.e., the Oct. 5th coup] in Yugoslavia." So let's see: NATO thought it was
trying to stop the terrorists though in fact it was supporting them and after
that, it forgot to stop. Right. - E.C.].

The BBC Reports:: "The sources said that certain Nato-led K-For forces were
not preventing the guerrillas taking mortars and other weapons into the
exclusion zone

"The guerrilla units had been able to hold exercises there, including
live-firing of weapons, despite the fact that K-For patrols the zone

"Western special forces were still training the guerrillas, as a result of
decisions taken before the change of government in Yugoslavia " (From BBC
story, below.)

BBC article begins here:

Monday, 29 January, 2001, 16:27 GMT Kostunica warns of fresh fighting
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1142000/1142478.stm

Yugoslav President Vojislav Kostunica has warned that "fresh fighting" could
soon break out again between Serb and ethnic Albanian forces.

Vojislav Kostunica

Mr Kostunica, who was attending the World Economic Forum in Davos over the
weekend, cancelled a major speech and rushed back to Belgrade because of what
he described as a "new threat to stability" in southern Serbia.

The past week has seen the most serious violence in the region since last
November, when four Serb policemen were killed by suspected Albanian
guerrillas fighting for the independence of three Albanian-populated towns
near the Kosovo border.

K-For troops patrol a border security zone

Four Serb soldiers were wounded on Sunday, and one was killed on Friday in
the same region - the Presevo valley.

UN special co-ordinator for the Balkans Carl Bildt told the BBC that the
Presevo situation was "the most serious threat to stability in the Balkans,
and there is very little awareness or attention to what is about to explode".

UN concern

The BBC's Nik Gowing in Davos has been shown evidence by foreign diplomatic
sources that the guerrillas now have several hundred fighters in the 5km-deep
military exclusion zone on the boundary between Kosovo and the rest of
Serbia.

The sources said that:

Certain Nato-led K-For forces were not preventing the guerrillas taking
mortars and other weapons into the exclusion zone

The guerrilla units had been able to hold exercises there, including
live-firing of weapons, despite the fact that K-For patrols the zone

Western special forces were still training the guerrillas, as a result of
decisions taken before the change of government in Yugoslavia

Guerrilla leaders had now taken over from political leaders in many Albanian
villages within the zone

They now controlled the heights overlooking the villages of Presevo and
Bujanovac Our correspondent says Yugoslav officials are concerned that
Albanian actions may reach the point where the Yugoslav military - which
currently supports Mr Kostunica - will insist on entering the security zone,
creating another Albanian refugee crisis.

*** (C) BBC. Reprinted for Fair Use Only.

Further Reading

1) 'Who is Behind Terrorist Attacks on 'Serbia Proper'?
http://emperors-clothes.com/news/fighting.htm

2) 'Pentagon Dogs' by Tika Yankovich at
http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/tika/dogs.htm

***

Yugoslav Journalists' Fund

Emperor's Clothes is trying to assist a few families of Yugoslav journalists.
These journalists are among the many journalists who have literally been
thrown out of work when thugs took over all TV and radio stations and
newspapers during and after the Oct. 5th coup. These attacks are part of the
terror in 'democratic' Serbia. We are providing some financial help; we need
to provide more.

It's really a privilege to be able to help these brave men and women who are
trying to report 'the other side' within Yugoslavia and, through Emperor's
Clothes and other media, to the outside world.

Meanwhile, our own operating costs have increased. (For instance, monthly
fees for the superb news media search engine Lexis have more than doubled.)

If you can make a contribution either to our general expenses or specifically
to help the Journalists' Fund, please do. Any amount will help. To use our
secure server, please go to
http://www.emperors-clothes.com/howyour.htm#donate. (If you use the secure
server and wish your contribution to go to the Journalists' Fund, please send
us a note at emperors1000 at aol.com

Or you can mail a check to Emperor's Clothes, P.O. Box 610-321, Newton, MA
02461-0321.

Or call 617 916-1705 from 9-5, Eastern U.S. time and ask for Bob. Thanks very
much!

And please join our email list so we can keep you informed.

www.tenc.net
[Emperor's Clothes]