book intro, Part I

Michael Yates mikey+ at SPAMpitt.edu
Sat Feb 24 13:49:16 MST 2001

Xxxx's comments are well-taken.  The editors wanted a book dealing only
with the so-called developed capitalist countries, and I was planning to
use the US, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Sweden, Japan, South Korea,
and New Zealand.  This isn't made clear in the introduction.  I am not
sure this is a worthwhile project.  Better to deal with capitalism as a
whole and include the imperialistic relationship between US, et. al. and
the rest of the world as a key part of the argument.

Michael Yates

Xxxx Xxxxxx wrote:

> I liked the theme of the book, but a couple of first hand observations.
snip