George Soros on PBS - Michael Lewis

da dattam dadattam at SPAMyahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 05:56:55 MST 2001

   I quite appreciate Mr. Xxxxxx's comments on the
Soros interview.  One thing one which we can all agree
is Soros' comment that "left to themselves markets
always collapse" - at least when it comes to
speculative markets with as little connection to the
real world as stock markets.

  On that subject, I quite enjoyed Michael Lewis'
piece in the Sunday NY Times on the teenage trader.
His exchanges with the head of SEC were very
illuminating as to the false consciousness underlying
the stock markets.  If only people like Lewis could
take the next mental step and see the underlying
absurdity in a system that perpetuates class struggle
needlessly.