Value Theory

Xxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Wed Feb 28 11:45:25 MST 2001

Phil claimed:

>It would be quite difficult to develop a revolutionary analysis
> of capitalist society today through a critique of economics because
> economics itself is so limited and sterile;

well,I am not an economist but I disagree with this. It all matters how
you use economics, in a revolutionary or mainstream direction? This is
the problem that faces every social science, not only economics. So
economics does not _have to be_ sterile because it is not unique. We
should resist the notion of idealizing the differences between economics
and other social sciences. It is necessary to develop _political
economy_, broadly speaking, in every science. thus, I don't see why
economics should not benefit from this. That economics is inherently
limited and sterile is a holistic assumption.

bye, Xxxx

--
Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Ph.D Student