"Albanians wage war of race hate"

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at SPAMgmx.net
Wed Feb 28 15:45:28 MST 2001

Mine wrote:

> > Johannes Schneider wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree fully with Paul.
> > >
> > > Just one idea about the 'usefulness' of the KLA: It could serve as a
pretext
> > > of legitimizing continued NATO presence in Kosovo.
> > >

> I fully agree with Johannes here.

Hi Mine,

you are trying to lure me into agreement, but I fear things are a bit more
complicated.

> KLA is an establishment that
> "legitimizes the continued presence of NATO" in Kosovo.

What I mean is that initially NATO tried to legitimize it's interference
with alleged atrocities by Milosevic. Now that NATO's stooges are in power
in Belgrade propaganda has shifted as painting the KLA as the main obstacle
for peace.

Though I know all parallels are limited, what comes to my mind is the way
how the British army was sent to Northern Ireland: under the pretext of
protecting 'Catholics' against loyalist ultras. Soon the IRA became the
pretext of British miltary presence there.

> For this
> reason,I have always resisted the notion of Kosovo Albanian
> independence.

I think Paul has pointed out the irreal character of Kosovo independence.
The KLA has always insisted on a greater Albanian solution, something that
would put into question all borders in the region and that runs contrary to
NATO's intention.

> But what do you think about the Albenian demonstrators
> attacking NATO troops in Mitrovica? Do you see them as legitimizing NATO
> agression, since you had a different view of KLA before? Do you agree
> with the idea of Albanian independence?
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010131/wl/yugoslavia_kosovo_dc_7.html

Sort of inquisition style of questions. 'Did you stop to beat your wife just
two weeks ago? Just say yes or no!'.

But I still will try to answer: I think it comes increasingly evident that
Kosovar national aspirations and NATO do not have identical interests.

As I have said here previously I support self-determination for Kosovo and
all other Alabanians living in the region, which has been denied to them by
the imperialist powers for almost a century.  It is up to the Albanians what
will be the outcome of exercising that right: I am simply not in the
position to draw up a programme for areas outside the state I am living in.

My task is to do what is in my power to force the German state to stop its
intervention in Kosovo. To put it in a slogan:
Bundeswehr raus aus dem Balkan!

Johannes