marxism-digest V1 #4430

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Mon Feb 12 09:23:06 MST 2001

IMHO, Lenin had it wrong, period. Women's oppression plays itself out in
sex and marriage, at least as much as it does in the workplace. An
intrinsic part of women's struggles anywhere has been to try to gain
control over their sexuality. And if we fail to take that into
account... well, the CIA and company have shown themselves quite able to
understand and manipulate the institution of marriage, women's
oppression at home and sexuality in different parts of the globe.

Mike