on spirituality and Godlyness?

Mon Jan 1 20:30:29 MST 2001

a few moments ago, Danielle mentioned "Private spirituality" and Carol jumped on
her. didn't Marx once say that "words are like bats?" what in hell did he mean
anyway?   when ever I hear words like spiritual, religion or God, I get a gut
reaction. this is because of the meaning these terms have taken on in our
culture. however, I know quite well that Danielle is not a reactionary or she
would not be wasting her time on this list. so, she must have meant something
progressive about personal experience. I still remember when the "personal was
political." let's not get trapped too easily by this old prisonhouse. words are
like bats. they fly in the night without looking where they are going...