Reply on Religion and Marxism: 2

Tue Jan 2 18:24:04 MST 2001

> E.P Thompson in his *The Making of the English
> Working Class* noted that in Britain, religious
> revivals among workers typically occured following
> major defeats for that class.

Currently the former Soviet people are re-discovering all sorts of the most
anti-people oriented revivalizations, with the Orthodox Church complaining not enough
are coming forth. It seems from reports I have read that the materialist
anti-christian upbringings of the populations are very difficult to shake- as such,
people are turning to all sorts of the most decrepit nonsense such as phone pstchics
and the like.

It certainly would appear that revivals of the desire for such tripe follow a defeat
of the workers.

Macdonald