Religion & Counter-Revolution

Danielle Ni Dhighe morrigan at SPAMmorrigan.net
Tue Jan 2 20:38:20 MST 2001

At 09:22 AM 01/02/2001, George Snedeker wrote:
 >i think the point here is that scientists should admit that they
 >don't know if suppernatural forces exist and not just deny their
 >existence.

Exactly.  Science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of the
supernatural.  To me, atheism and theism seem to be simply the flip side of
the same coin.  I've often noted that atheists can be every bit as rabid as
fundamentalist theists when it comes to promoting their beliefs.  I don't
think I've ever seen a rabid agnostic, but I guess it's hard to be fervent
about not knowing either way.

Danielle Ni Dhighe * morrigan at morrigan.net * http://www.morrigan.net/
"Organize now, tomorrow may be too late." - Vol. Patsy O'Hara, INLA