materialism and atheism

Jurriaan Bendien j.bendien at SPAMwolmail.nl
Thu Jan 4 03:01:44 MST 2001

Mervyn writes:

>What is 'foolproof certain', though, to many on this list (and from
>scientific point of view!) is ontological materialism and atheism.

I will try to discover what you mean by the metaphysical theory of
"ontological materialism". If you mean that the only thing that exists is
matter then you are wrong from the point of view of physics.  David
Hillel-Rubin wrote an interesting book on the subject of materialism once
(Marxism and materialism) as did Anton Pannekoek and Herman Gorter.

Cheers

J.