Leona Freed's Recommendations: "Clean Government" or Anti-Welfare/Anti-Self-Government?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Fri Jan 5 16:50:51 MST 2001

>Lou, Jim Craven, et al.:
>
>Are you sure that Ms. Leona Freed's campaign is a good thing?  Have
>you read her recommendations spelled out below?  What do you think of
>them?  How will they translate into actual policy with the Reform
>Party's backing?

I am not in the sectarian habit of judging political movements from afar.
The only thing that I am sure about--as I told Maki--is that corruption,
nepotism, intimidation and bureaucracy are rampant on Indian reservations.
Indian people will find solutions to their own problems. I would as soon
pick apart Leona Freed's proposals as I would those of George Strait in
Fiji. Are you trying to build the Fifth International from Columbus, Ohio?
Good luck to you, my young friend.

Louis Proyect