Inevitability; was Re: Forwarded from Jurriaan

Fri Jan 5 19:20:40 MST 2001

[ bounced from unsubbed "Jay Moore" <research at plainfield.bypass.com>
full quoted text snipped. ]

I haven't looked at it in some time.  But Ernest Mandel had a very
interesting meditation on the topic of of the historical dialectic of
determination and individual agency (following up on Plekhanov's famous
essay).  The cite is Ernest Mandel, "The Role of the Individual in History:
The Case of World War Two," New Left Review 157 (1986): 61-77.  I have a
copy of this somewhere if anyone wants me to scan it.

best,
jay
http://www.neravt.com/left/