FW: Leona Freed's Recommendations: "Clean Government" or Anti-Wel fare/Anti-Self-Government?

Martin Zehr m_zehr at SPAMhotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 12:57:22 MST 2001

There is a huge distance between the reality of the First Nations and the
press coverage. The media prefers to promote its own image of a backward
people surrounded on all sides by corruption and nepotism. Never is anything
told about traditionals, such as those in B.C. whether the Nuxalt, or at
Akali Lake, or Lilloet and their struggle against the imposition of clear
cutting of sacred lands, the importation of alcohol by clergy, or the
resistance to paved roads through tradiditional lands. More is being done
then ever appears in the press. Sovereignty is not something to fear. The
source of much of the corruption being revealed will follow the trail of
frog skins and show the same source as all the rest. Mato Ska