Forwarded from Nestor (Bourdieu)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sat Jan 6 13:34:32 MST 2001

En relación a Re: Social Status Tends to Seal One's Fate, Says ,
el 6 Jan 01, a las 11:22, Louis Proyect dijo:

> Boy, did I ever have Bourdieu wrong. I just assumed that because he was a
> French professor who published in New Left Review and who was championed
by Doug
> Henwood, he was to be shunned.

Yes, you were wrong, Louis. Unlike Zizek, Bourdieu is what we in Argentina
use
to call "gente seria". There is a Pacific Ocean between both of them.

One may agree with Bourdieu or not, but -to begin with- it is possible to
clearly understand what he says, he does not try to have you think "well, I
don't understand this guy, so he must be a genius".

And, his insights are very inspiring.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar

Louis Proyect