The Red Paper: Proof to Israel's Policy of Assassinations and Murderin Cold Blood (fwd)

JOHN M COX coxj at
Wed Jan 10 04:57:34 MST 2001

From: "Palestine Media Center" <pmc at>
To: <samir at>
Subject: The Red Paper: Proof to Israel's Policy of Assassinations and Murder
in Cold Blood
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:56:05 +0200

Tuesday, January, 9 2001

From: Palestine Media Center- PMC
Ramallah, Palestine

Dear Dr Baker,

Please find attached the "Red Paper" issued by the Palestine Media Center
(PMC). The "Red Paper", is a factual and documented proof of Israel's
policy of
assassination and "murders in cold blood".
We kindly ask you to circulate to all of your contacts.
Thank You

Samir Rantissi
Director of Communications
Palestine Media Center - PMC
Ramallah, Palestine
Tel: + 972-2-2407721\9
Fax: +972-2-2407730
E-mail: comm at
Israel’s Extra-Judicial Executions

No longer Secret

Since the outbreak of the current AL-Aqsa Intifada on September 29, 2000, the
Israeli government (at its highest levels) and through directives given to its
higher army command has been implementing and carrying out a policy of
assassinations and extra-judicial murders (executions committed in cold
blood).  The first assassination in the most recent conflict took place on
November 9, 2000, when an Israeli helicopter fired several rockets at Fatah’s
field commander vehicle in Bethlehem (Hussein Ibayat, 37) , killing also two
innocent elderly by-stander Palestinian housewives.   Since that date,
deliberate and well-planned mafia-style assassinations have been taking place
against Palestinians almost on daily bases by members of the Israeli army.
So far, over 19 cases of deliberate murders against known Palestinian
have been documented.  In addition, and in the most recent days, we have been
witnessing a new “lax open-fire policy” issued by the Israeli army command
allows Israeli soldiers to open fire with live ammunition, almost
indiscriminately, for the mere suspicion of feeling a threat (without defining
what constitutes a threat).  This lax-open fire policy had resulted in the
murder of several innocent Palestinians (most noted, the case of Areej
Al-Jabali, and others).
By relaxing its open-fire orders against Palestinian civilians, the Israeli
government is acting in violation of international law (specifically the
Geneva Conventions that require the occupying force of protecting civilians in
time of war).  On the contrary, Israel is not only denying protection of
Palestinian civilians as required to do so by international laws.  In fact,
Israel is acting as an irresponsible and Mafia state that adopts tactics of
terror organizations which implement extra-judicial executions.
Now that the Barak government had openly admitted its adoption of lethal and
systematic policy of willful murder;  and now that it had been revealed that
this policy is no longer secret, and in fact, it has become State-sponsored
terrorism, and an operative arm of the Israeli policy; The Palestinian
Authority (PNA)

believes that it is its duty, and its right to pursue a world trial of members
of the current Israeli government (both as a group, and as individuals) on
charges of committing extra-judicial killings and war crimes at the
international war-crimes tribunal.

Chronology Of Assassinations and Murder in Cold Blood

Monday, January 8, 2001

Israeli soldiers at the Halhoul junction arrested Khalid Khalil Ghanem, 27,
from Hebron.  After handcuffing him, the soldiers forced him to sit on the
roadside.  Few minutes later, one of the soldiers opened fire at him from a
close range.  Ghanem was hit with several bullets in his stomach.  Soldiers
left him unattended while he bled for nearly 20 minutes; they also prevented a
Palestinian ambulance that arrived at the scene from reaching him.  Later, an
Israeli ambulance transported him to an Israeli hospital in Jerusalem
Ein Kerem).  He suffered serious injuries and remains in critical conditions.
(Sources, Wafa news agency, Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCR), and
Haaretz (according to Israeli army sources)Monday, January 7, 2001).

Monday, January 8, 2001

Abdul-Hamid Ahmad Al-Kharti, 34, a male nurse who works at Shifa hospital in
Gaza was shot and killed almost immediately after he stepped out from an
ambulance that drove him home after a day’s work at the hospital.  Al-Kharti
was still wearing his medic’s uniform when he was killed.  Witnesses to the
shooting (names available upon request) said that Al-Kharti was hit with
bullets fired by soldiers stationed inside Israeli armored military vehicles
posted at the railroad opposite from Al-Moghraqa mosque.  According to
sources, 3 bullets hit him in the head, chest, and stomach.  It is to be noted
that Al-Kharti is also a painter, he was married to a French citizen when he
lived in France for two years.  (Sources, witnesses at the scene of shooting,
Wafa news agency, and Al-Ayyam daily, January 9, 2000)

Sunday, January 7, þ2001

At 10:30 am, a group of children were standing at the northern entrance of
Al-Biereh (at the site where the confrontations usually take place); A single
Israeli army vehicle was standing 200 meters away from the children near the
City Inn hotel.  According to a testimony by the child Ibrahim who was present
with the group of children (full name available only upon request), the
children were only watching and have not yet started throwing stones at the
soldiers.  Suddenly, the Israeli army vehicle drove off from where it was
standing, and sped towards the children.  The children started running away.
As the army vehicle approached the fleeing children, it swerved and soldiers
inside, opened fire toward the fleeing children.  10- year  old Omar Farouk
Khalid who attempted to run away from the soldiers, only after the Israeli

vehicle swerved and also after soldiers have already opened fire was hit
with a
high velocity bullet in his right eye (according to Dr. Hosni Al-Attari from
hospital).  He remains in critical condition in the intensive care unit at
Ramallah hospital.  Khalid’s family said that his brother was also injured in
his eye by a rubber-coated metal bullet last week. (Sources, testimony by his
friend Ibrahim who was with him when he was hit, Al-Hayyat Al-Jadida daily,
January, 8, 2000)

Sunday, January 7, 2001

Fatima Abu Jeish, 24, from the village of Bet Dajan who works as a clerk at
Nablus’s Specialized Arab Hospital (SAH) was riding in the vehicle of her
brother-in-law with her sister. They were returning back to the village
after a
day’s work.  At 4:25 PM, their car was stopped by Israeli soldiers at the
entrance of the village (from the direction of a bypass road used recently and
frequently by the village residents since the closing down by the Israeli army
of the main entrance two and a half months ago).   Upon their arrival, Israeli
soldiers who were standing outside their military vehicles had already stopped
three other Palestinian vehicles.  Several other soldiers were also
standing at
approximately 150 meters from the spot where their vehicle was stopped.  After
waiting for around 40 minutes, soldiers in the patrols who were blocking the
entrance drove away, and cars started moving into the village. One of the
Israeli soldiers standing among the crowd of soldiers stationed at
approximately 150 meters away suddenly opened fire at the car.  Fatima, who
sitting in the back seat, was hit in the heart with a high velocity bullet and
died immediately.  Her brother in law immediately turned around and
her to Rafidya hospital in Nablus.

Doctors at the hospital said that a high velocity bullet hit Fatima in the
heart. Nine other shrapnel from the bullet also hit her lungs.  (Sources,
Testimony by Nasser Abu-Jeish (Fatima’s brother in law who was driving the
testimony by her sister Rose Abu Jeish who was also in the car).

Friday, January 5, þ2001

Areej Al-Jabali, 18, from Hebron was chatting with her sister-in-law Ahlam at
the balcony of their home located at approximately 200 meters away from the
settlement of “Bet Haggai”.  Nearby, in the neighborhood, young children were
playing with firecrackers.  Shortly after the sound of one of the firecrackers
went off, several bullets were fired from a guard post at the entrance of the
settlement.  A high velocity bullet hit Areej in the chest and exited from her
back only to hit also her sister-in-law Ahlam in the chest.  Both of them were
rushed to the hospital, but all attempts by doctors to save Areej’s life
failed.  She was declared dead at the hospital.  Her sister-in-law Ahlam
remains in serious condition.  It is to be noted that Arij graduated from
high school only last year. (Sources, testimony by Areej’s brother-in-law, and
Al-Ayyam daily, January 7, 2001)

Sunday, December 31, 2000

Members of a special unit in the Israeli army assassinated Dr. Thabet Thabet,
50, a dentist, Palestinian peace activist, director-general of health
inspection at the PNA’s health ministry, and Fatah’s secretary-general in
Tulkarem, shortly after 10:00 AM.  Dr. Thabet was assassinated moments
after he
entered his vehicle that was parked at the entrance of his home in Tulkarem.
Israeli Shin Bet (Israel’s internal intelligence branch) officials confirmed
that the Israeli army and security forces were responsible for Dr. Thabet’s
assassination (Haaretz, January 8, 2001, Amos Harel, military correspondent).
Dr. Thabet was among the most advocates of peace.  He even attended the
of an Israeli soldier in sympathy with his mother, Yehudit Harel, an Israeli
Peace Now activist.  Mrs. Harel’s son was killed in a car accident in 1994.
(Sources, widow of Dr. Thabet, Siham,  and Washington Post, January 8, 2001).

Saturday, December 16, 2000

Samih Mala’bi, 29, resident of Qalandya refugee camp, north f Jerusalem, was
killed by an explosive device at the outskirts of the camp at 11:30 PM.  He
earlier received a telephone call at 11:15 PM at his home in the refugee camp
from a person who posed as someone whom he knew very well and trusted.  He
asked to meet with him at the outskirts of the camp after fifteen minutes to
discuss a serious manner.  Mala’bi immediately left the house to meet his
friend.  15 minutes later (at around 11:30 PM), a sound of an explosion was
heard by residents of the camp at a close

distance.  Camp residents who rushed to the scene of the explosion found
Mala’bi’s body at the scene of the explosion.  A spokesman for the Israeli
did not deny Israel’s responsibility for the killing of Mala’bi (Israel’s
Radio- Arabic broadcast- 10:30 AM, December 17, 2000).  (Sources, Kol Israel
Radio, Arabic broadcast, and testimony by Mala’bi’s cousin who was present
him at his home when he received the telephone call).

Wednesday, December 13, 2000

Abbas Othman Al-Uwawi, 26, a resident of Hebron, was assassinated by an
army sniper who fired several bullets at him from the Israeli controlled area
of Hebron as he was standing on the separating line on the Palestinian
controlled side. (Source, Wafa News Agency, Voice of Palestine, VOP Radio
broadcast, December 13, 2000)

Monday, December 11, 2000

Yousef Mohammad Abu Suway, 28, a resident of the village of Artas, near
Bethlehem was assassinated by an Israeli sniper fired at him from the nearby
Israeli settlement of Gilo near Bet Jala.  On the same day, Anwar Ahmad
28, from Araba village near Jenin was also assassinated by an Israeli army
sniper (Source, Wafa, VOP Radio broadcast, December 11, 2000)

Monday, November 27, 2000

Mohammed Udwan, 18, Mahmoud Al-Adel, 28, Qusai Zahran, 22, Mahdi Jaber, and
Ziad Salmi, 17, all from Qalqilya were all killed in cold blood after Israeli
soldiers opened fire at them near the by-pass road south of Qalqilya.
Wafa, Al-Ayyam daily, November 28 issue)

Thursday, November 23, 2000

Ibrahim Abdul-Karim Bani Odeh, 33, a resident of the village of Tammoun in the
district of Tubas, near Jenin, was assassinated at 10:00 AM by detonating an
explosive planted in the head-rest of the car that he was driving.   (The car
belonged to his cousin Allan Bani Odeh, who was a collaborator with the
Shin Bet and

facilitated the murder of Ibrahim).  (Sources, text of confessions given by
cousin Allan Bani Odeh and published after his trial at a Palestinian military

Friday, November 9, 2000

Hussein Mohammad Ibayat, 37, was assassinated along with two innocent
by-stander Palestinian housewives.  An Israeli helicopter fired rockets at a
pickup truck carrying him and his friend. (Sources, Kol Israel Radio, Arabic
service broadcast, VOP, Wafa, AP, January 5news report, 14:04 EST by Laura

More information about the Marxism mailing list