Ethnomusicology and colonialism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Fri Jan 12 14:53:38 MST 2001

>And are you talking about the reviewer or the reviewed? Both are
>academics. In fact for the last century all the useful critiques of
>"academics" have been written by academics.
>
>Carrol

Those are my kinds of people, anti-academic academics. I was all set to
believe that Bourdieu fit into that category after initially viewing him as
a pro-academic academic, but then Hoover explained that he *really* was a
pro-academic academic after all. I felt crushed, like Stephen Dedalus in
"Araby".

Louis Proyect