The Phillipines

Magnus Bernhardsen magnus.bernhardsen at SPAMnm.no
Fri Jan 19 08:06:20 MST 2001

The situation is rather telling, I guess. I'm not much of a contributor to this list,
for several reasons. But I've waited in vain for any comments on the situation in the
Philippines. From what I gather of recent news, a popular mobilisation has forced
president Estrada to step down today. Now, the only thing we get on the list on the
Philippines is as a result of internal battles between a section of 200 people and a
group of 16 in Scotland.

Well, this sounds too negative: overall I'm very happy with the global / "southern"
perspective on this list overall.

Magnus Benrhardsen