Cochran on U.S. Labor

Kevin Lindemann and Cathy Campo kklcac at SPAMearthlink.net
Sun Jan 21 16:34:31 MST 2001

George Snedeker wrote:

>I read Cochran's book on U.S. Labor when it came out.... my
>memory is that it was very critical of the policies of the C.P. I felt >that he was
>making a contribution to the cold war which was still >raging.

Labor historian Philip S. Foner shared that assessment. See his comments
on Cochran in "Anti-Communism in U.S. Labor History" (published in *The
United States Educational System: Marxist Approaches*, Marxist
Educational Press, Minneapolis, 1980, pp. 205-209).

--Kevin Lindemann