FW: CONTACT-This Thursday - Militancy or Pacifism? How to resolve Aboriginal Peoples ongoing battle for rights?

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Mon Jan 22 10:58:39 MST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Naomi Clarke [mailto:nclarke at aptn.ca]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 10:52 AM
To: Rick Harp (E-mail)
Subject: CONTACT-This Thursday - Militancy or Pacifism? How to resolve
Aboriginal Peoples ongoing battle for rights?

Coming up this Thursday on "CONTACT", Canada's first National Aboriginal
Television call-in show, the topic up for discussion is "How to resolve
Aboriginal Peoples ongoing battle for rights".

Some have chosen a more militant strategy: roadblocks, barricades...etc. In
some cases weapons were involved and lives were lost.

Some say a strong diplomatic and peaceful negotiation is the only way to
resolve these issues.

What do you think?

This week on Contact: "Militancy or Pacifism" How do Aboriginal people
ensure their voices are heard and their needs met?

Share your views with us by tuning in to "CONTACT" this Thursday, January
25th, 2001 at 3 PM Eastern, 2 PM Central and Noon Pacific.

We look forward to your comments/questions.

Contact us toll free at 1-877-647-2786.

Also, we would like to welcome, once again, people in Manitoba who listen to
"CONTACT" via Native Communications Incorporated (NCI-FM), Manitoba's First
and Only Aboriginal Radio Network, serving over 55 communities in Manitoba
with studios located in Winnipeg and Thompson.

For the remainder of our broadcasting season NCI will simulcast our show
live at 2 PM central time.

We welcome our new listening audience to our show on the NCI-FM Radio
Network and invite those listening to call in and voice their views and
concerns.