On Bush and abortion was Re: Hail to the thief

Tue Jan 23 05:10:38 MST 2001

The article by Martin Lee was marvellous.  I loved the Stein quote - there
is no there there. So apt.

It looks like Bush is making his first move in the arena of the right to
choose.  It is hard to judge from here, but surely he would not have the
political strength to push this attack on abortion rights.

Isn't he making a mistake to give his enemies a focus so early on in his
reign?  He is of course being driven by ideologues of the Christian right.

In any case I hope the women of the USA choke him with a storm of protest.

regards

Gary