On behalf of the people (some divergence between Patrick and

Thu Jan 25 05:13:46 MST 2001

En relación a RE: On behalf of the people (some divergence betw,
el 23 Jan 01, a las 13:28, Mark Jones dijo:

> >the tactics
> > proposed by the Che either in Africa or in Argentina was disastrous.
>
> so what should have been his tactics?

Mark relishes in the fringes of provocation.  I can only give what was the
tactics that I would have supported: get in contact with actual mass movements
in Latin America, provide a common front against imperialism starting from that
place. This was exactly the opposite from the disastrous foquismo.

> >Couldn't
> > Kabila have seen this, and thus not follow Guevara's deadly gospel? Let us
> > face it: _if_ Guevara was murdered in Bolivia it was _both_ due to the
> > imperialists and to _Guevarism_, which blindfolded him as to the social
> > characteristics of the Bolivian peasant.
>
> Well, he was blindfolded by his CIA captors and local henchmen who promptly shot
> him.

Oh, Mark, if things had been that easy! The ideology of the focus put him in
their hands long before he landed in Bolivia. This is the tragedy.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar