On behalf of the people

Thu Jan 25 05:16:58 MST 2001

En relación a RE: On behalf of the people,
el 24 Jan 01, a las 17:26, Dennis R Redmond dijo:

> decommodifying basic services, building up working-class
> organizations, practicing transnational solidarity and fighting to
> recapture the much-underestimated power of the nation-state is the essence
> of Left politics in the periphery these days.

In fact, I find it hard to understand why Mark does not agree with the above.
Unless one feels that there is no place for humans to fight against the central
tendencies of the model (even if these tendencies happened to be as definitive
as Mark seems to believe), struggles in the defensive front that Dennis
describes on the above are essential for the build up of our movement in the
periphery. In a sense, this is exactly why Yugoslavia was subject to bombing
and destruction for more than two months.

Why can't Mark understand in Africa the things he understood in Yugoslavia, is
a mystery to me.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar