Cuba on Bush Administration

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at SPAMyahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 07:26:29 MST 2001

What's fascinating about this is not really the
substance of the article. What's really interesting is
the difference between this article (I assume it's
from Granma - though RHC could be from Juventud
Rebelde or any number of other papers) and its US
counterparts.

This article talks about Fidel's points regarding the
challenges they'll be facing from the Bush
administration, and what Cuba will have to do to
combat them. What do the US articles say about the
same speech? They focus on the comment, "I hope he is
not as stupid as he seems." (Never mind the fact that
Fidel basically said what every man, woman, and child
in the US and around the world is thinking.)