radicals in the academy

George Snedeker snedeker at concentric.net
Fri Jun 1 19:31:50 MDT 2001

Left.  One pea can grow and it is our potential rather than our actual
power that haunts them.Garry

I agree. however it seems to me that Parenti's essay focuses too much on
marginalization. there is also the problem of integration. radicals often
become pragmatists. they make trade offs. they participate as responsible
members of the university, which means buying into the logic of the
administration. there are rewards which are pushed your way. and these
rewards are not very large. there is the job that you get to keep. the rent
gets paid and there is food on the table for another year.well, let's keep
the garden growing.

George