Magnolias in the Sagebrush: Bo Gritz, Racism, Posse Comitatus, Idaho, North Dakota

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 14:14:48 MDT 2001

I sent this discussion of Gritz, North Dakota and Idaho racism, etc at the
request of a vigorously anti-racist friend who wished to post it, and did,
on an Internet discussion list.  [I also included a brief mention -- the
very little that I know -- of another "John Salter,"  apparently a resident
of Idaho in the early '90s, who appears to be a Posse Comitatus type.]

I sent this on May 22, 2001 -- almost a couple of weeks before the large,
traditional Klan cross was burned surreptitiously -- early Monday morning,
6/4 -- on the steps of the Idaho Statehouse.

Sometimes,  you can almost smell the magnolias in the sagebrush.    Hunter
Gray