Gunder Frank nude (was Re: The MIR (was Re: Dependency theorydebatein Latin America))

Xxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sat Jun 9 15:38:31 MDT 2001

----------
> From: Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky <gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar>
> To: marxmail <marxism at lists.panix.com>
> Subject: Re: Gunder Frank nude (was Re: The MIR (was Re: Dependency
theorydebatein Latin America))
> Date: Saturday, June 09, 2001 12:16 PM
>
> En relación a Re: Gunder Frank nude (was Re: The MIR (was Re: D, el 9
> Jun 01, a las 10:11, Ulhas Joglekar dijo:
>
> Althugh I don't know if the context is the appropiate one (Uhlas is
> answering Xxxx on something that I have not received yet), I must say
> that no matter how strong are my differences with Uhlas on so many
> things, the following lines ring extraordinarily accurate to my ear:
>
> > The 'Centre' dumps in the 'Periphery' the mass of useless cultural
products,
> > sometimes these products are called 'Marxist Theory'.
> >
> > Ulhas
>

> Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky

To say that core counties do not exploit peripheral countries, and accusing
Marxists to construct a category of  helpless "otherness" is a reverse
orientalist demagogue characteristic of  Spivak type cultural post-Marxism.
Unfortunately, this garbage is, sometimes, called a Marxist theory.

wow, I am sorry, Indian economy is doing so well..

---
Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Ph.D Student
Department of Political Science