Indonesia arrests

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sat Jun 9 17:22:47 MDT 2001

I spoke to one of the participants before he left for Indonesia. He is a
good friend of mine. We were joking about the prospects of the pro-Golkar
causing trouble.  He was very aware beneath the banter that the situation
was very serious in Indonesia and that there was a real risk attached to
attending the conference in Jakarta. However there was never for him any
question of not going.

I would not be at all surprised if ASIO ( The Aussie Spooks) had a hand in
all this.

In any case I wish all the comrades well.

regards

Gary