Chavez veers left, talks expropriation

Mato Ska m_zehr at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:29:42 MDT 2001

In this age those who promote change and defy the superpower represent a
significant break from the past. Let us also be aware that the $1.3 Billion
that the US has invested in Plan Colombia puts the  US military in a
strategic position to deal with the resistance of the Venezuelean popular
movement. What remains to be seen is how this will be played out. How far
the revolutionary process can move forward will depend less on the
pronouncements from the sideline than from the play on the playing field.
And history remains the sole judge of that.