Forwarded from Nestor (reply to Julio)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Jun 13 18:47:35 MDT 2001

I agree with Lou here.  Like it or not, Julio's represents what has
proven to be a long standing current within Marxism, that has
periodically been at the center of Marxist debate for well over
a century.  Views similar to his were rife in the Second International.
Lenin & Trotsky had to confront similar views (for example
Plekhanov's) within Russian Marxism.  Nor were the
Third and even the Fourth Internationals immune to similar
currents, years later. Nor is contemporary Marxism immune
either.  So I see no value in trying to force Julio off
the list when he is such an articulate exponent of this
brand of Marxism.  If we cannot openly confront such views
here, what good is this list for?

Jim F.