Baburam's article available in English (was: Re: Nepalia Imbruglia)

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Fri Jun 15 03:25:48 MDT 2001

Magnus Bernhardsen wrote:

> Very bad pun in the subject-field, I'm afraid. Here's a piece from left
> wing paprer Nepali times, which gives a slightly different take on the
> Maoist statement:
>
> http://www.nepalnews.com.np/ntimes/june6-2001/june7-2001.htm#Baburam's
> Article
>
> Baburam's Article

On the Monthly Review website an English translation of Baburam Bhattarai's
article is available now:
http://www.monthlyreview.org/0601letter.htm
Monthly Review has added an introduction giving some historic background on
the article.
I am not sure whether MR is correct to compare Baburam Bhattarai's article
to Emile Zola's "J'accuse," but since the knowledge of Nepali is rather
restricted, it is important to have the article published in English.

Comrades have to keep in mind taht the editor, the publisher and the
managing director of the Nepali paper Kantipur which orginally published the
article are still in jail for it's publication. It obvious, why the English
translation had to be published outside Nepal.

Johannes