Request(Barry Stoller)

Dayne Goodwin dayneg at aros.net
Sat Jun 16 10:27:27 MDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Barry Stoller wrote:
> I would appreciate any recommendations for books on Gorbachev/U.S.S.R.
> in the 1980s. In print or out.

	At the time (in the late 1980s), an individual whose publications
were very helpful to me in understanding the problems of/in the USSR and
the perspective/program of Gorbachev and the reformers in the CPSU was
Abel Aganbegyan, head of the Economics branch of the Soviet Academy of
Sciences and Gorbachev's leading economic advisor.
	I recommend the following books authored, co-authored, or edited
by Aganbegyan:
1) _The Economic Challenge of Perestroika_, Indiana U. Press, 1988,
	author.
2) _The New Stage of Perestroika_, Inst. for East-West Security Studies,
	NY, NY, 1988, booklet, co-author.
3) _Inside Perestroika_, Harper & Row, 1989, author.
4) _Perestroika 1989_, Charles Scribner, 1988, editor.