exploitation (Dayne)

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Tue Jun 19 05:33:16 MDT 2001

En relación a Re: exploitation (Dayne),
el 19 Jun 01, a las 9:46, Greg Schofield dijo:

> The pertinent bit is that it can easily be read two ways; 1) that is there is no
> worker's party because they gaily share in the feast or; 2) they share in the
> feast because there is no workers party

I guess a materialist would opt for explanation (1).

However, it is obvious that the ways in which the Western proletariat is co-
opted by the imperialist bourgeoisie can be multiple _except for_ a final cut
in extraction of surplus value. And this is the basic point here. Workers in
the First World are exploited (in a sense, _more_ exploited than most -
absolutely not all- workers in the Third World) and this exploitation is a
qualitative issue, not a quantitative one.

It is hard, however, not to take into consideration the fact that the _reality_
of plunder abroad and redistribution within frontiers is an important
_material_ element in the formation of working class consciousness in the core.
Most forms of working class racism stem from this concrete fact.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar